- We explore media as technological and social systems where all actors and institutions interact with each other and with the social systems and processes of the surrounding society.
- We produce research that registers and interprets continuities and changes in the areas of politics, economy, culture and everyday life, in order to enhance the level of reflexivity of the community in question and to empower its members to influence its future.
- We investigate organisational and institutional aspects of communication in the understanding that the design and structure of a given organisation and/or society is determining for the resulting communicative efforts.
- We investigate writing, written texts and literacy activities as they are practised using language, genres and texts in specific contexts. Thus, the study of language as a social practice focuses in particular on the roles of language in communicating, producing and understanding specific knowledge.
- We adopt a holistic approach to the study of media and communication, i.e. we are fundamentally interested in exploring the entire circuit of media and communication, from inception to reception and in a complex societal context; and including media production and organisations, media discourses, and media users.
Publikation: Formidling › Bidrag til bog/antologi
Publikation: Forskning › Paper
From dogmatism to open-mindedness? : Historical reflections on methods in audience reception research
Publikation: Forskning - peer review › Tidsskriftartikel
Aktivitet: Medlemskab af styrelser, råd, nævn, udvalg og netværk › Medlemskab af udvalg, råd og nævn
Aktivitet: Konference/workshop/kursus/seminar › Deltagelse i workshop, seminar og kursus
Aktivitet: Forskningsformidling i massemedier › Deltagelse i TV-program